New classrooms launched in Nyagatare district

Published by Théophile Niyitegeka
On 4 August 2016 at 11:09
Views : 294
0 0

Nyagatare district in collaboration with Rwanda Development Board have launched 12 classrooms at Gatebe School to reduce overpopulated classes.
The school used modern classrooms since 2011 but faced the problem of inadequate classrooms hampering children’ studies.
The 12 classrooms were constructed between 2010 to 2015 under the program of Tourism Revenue Sharing Scheme introduced by RDB to support the population in development activities from earned touristic revenues.
Twizihirwe (...)

Nyagatare district in collaboration with Rwanda Development Board have launched 12 classrooms at Gatebe School to reduce overpopulated classes.

The school used modern classrooms since 2011 but faced the problem of inadequate classrooms hampering children’ studies.

The 12 classrooms were constructed between 2010 to 2015 under the program of Tourism Revenue Sharing Scheme introduced by RDB to support the population in development activities from earned touristic revenues.

Twizihirwe Diogene, a teacher at Gatebe School said that the new facility will reduce the number of tudents accommodated in one room from 150 to 100.

Today Gatebe School accommodates 1296.

Bumbakare Faustin, the headmaster of Gatebe School commended construction activities but requested support to introduce secondary section to reduce the distance of as long as 16 kilometers that some students walk to access secondary schools.

RBD expects to inaugurate other schools built under Revenue Sharing scheme in Nyamasheke district and Nyabihu district from Western Province.

RDB started sharing 5% of tourism revenues with communities around parks in 2005.
Tourism earned Rwf 318,000,000 in 2015.

Today communities around Virunga National Park receive 40% of tourism revenues allocated to Rwandans while remaining communities receive 60%.

JPEG - 38.4 kb
New classrooms launched in Nyagatare district

Advertisement

YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS ARTICLE

RULES AND REGULATIONS

Kwamamaza