Rare comes a blockbuster; rare comes a Premiere in Kigali but on 5th of May the iconic movie mall of Kigali seduced a few with the premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy, a snip of what is coming in the summer for Kigalians with movies like King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Alien: Covenant, “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and many more in 3D, a Rendezvous for Movie goers.
Before bragging that in Kigali we had the pleasure to watch it before its release in the US, here is the plot of the movie and my 5 reasons why you should go watch it at the Century Cinemas.
What is the Volume 2?
Several months after Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Baby Groot were renowned as the Guardians of the Galaxy, Ayesha, leader of the Sovereign race, hires them to protect valuable batteries from an inter-dimensional monster in exchange for Gamora’s estranged sister Nebula, who was caught attempting to steal the batteries. After Rocket steals some for himself, the Sovereign attacks the Guardians’ ship with a fleet of drones. The drones are destroyed by a mysterious figure, but the Guardians are forced to crash-land on a nearby planet. The figure reveals himself as Quill’s father, Ego. He invites Quill, accompanied by Gamora and Drax, to his home planet, while Rocket and Groot remain behind to repair the ship and guard Nebula… and that is the start
In the last fifteen minutes of the movie drawn into Ego’s (Kurt Russell’s) gorgeous self-made planet by the promise of real familial connection and untold power, Peter (Chris Pratt) soon finds himself under the control of his bio dad, who it seems isn’t so much his true father as just a man fond of spreading his seed. A kind of galactic eugenicist with the ultimate goal to remake the entire universe in his image (blue, squishy and generally devoid of life) who needs Peter’s powers to complete his mission, Ego is revealed as the true villain of the film, as Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Mantis (Pom Klementieff), Drax (Dave Bautista), Rocket (Bradley Cooper) and the rest re-team to bring Peter to safety. It turns out safety is easier said than achieved, as Peter realizes he must attack the heart of the planet – Ego’s mega-sized brain with the help of Rocket’s pilfered Sovereign batteries.
But Peter isn’t quite strong enough to best Ego without an additional power source….
How will it unfold? Who is dying at the end? All is answered in the movie but meanwhile here is 5 reasons why you should watch it.
5 Reasons to grab popcorns and 3D glasses
1. The Music: The movie starts with the Awesome mix Vol 2 and throughout the whole movie, you can stand and dance to awesome compositions.
2. Rocket’s Winks and Drax’s hahah: It’s a comedy, besides funny and nasty jokes the acting leaves your ribs cracked and your lips with a smile.
3. Sylvester Stallone and Miley Cyrus: Stallone aka “Rambo” appears in the movie called Stakar Ogord, one of the former Guardians and the singer Miley Cyrus lends her voice to Mainframe, an onboard talking computer.
4. Stan Lee’s masterpiece: For the last decade, every movie inspired by a comic book has Stan working on it and he appears in this one too telling stories to the watchers who gets bored at the end and leave him there.
5. Family Dramas and Romance: Star-Lord and Ego are fighting, Nebula and Gomora are fighting but on a positive note Ayunda and Rocket are bonding and Peter and Gomora are bonding too….. family and love matters in the outer space too.
We would give you a hundred reasons to watch this movie but we know there is a thousand regrets to you if you don’t, get to centurycinemas.rw to check the time and more details.