The thyroid gland is an important gland which influences almost all of the metabolic processes in your body through the hormones it produces. This is why a problem with your thyroid gland can alter your life in many ways.
Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the body doesn’t produce enough thyroid hormones while hyperthyroidism is the condition in which there is an overproduction of thyroid hormones.
Below are 10 symptoms of thyroid disease you shouldn’t ignore
1. Unexplained weight loss despite an increase in appetite may signal problems with your thyroid.
2. A problem with your thyroid can affect your heart too. An increased heart rate, higher blood pressure, nervousness and excessive perspiration can signal you have problems with your thyroid.
3. A problem with your thyroid can make you have more frequent bowel movements, sometimes with diarrhoea.
4. A problem with your thyroid can affect your energy levels. Problems with your thyroid can make you feel more tired.
5. Lighter or shorter menstrual periods can also signal you have a problem with your thyroid.
6. An enlargement in your neck can signal a problem with your thyroid.
7. Hair loss can also signal you have a problem with your thyroid.
8. A reduced heart rate may signal your body doesn’t produce enough thyroid hormones.
9. Increased sensitivity to cold can also signal your body doesn’t produce enough thyroid hormones.
10. Muscle weakness and trembling hands signal a problem with your thyroid gland.
Malaria drug successfully treats 26-year-old brain cancer patient
Sinus problems?Check out simple ways to get relief
Improving longevity of functionally integrated stem cells in regenerative vision therapy
Cleverly designed tuberculosis vaccine shows promise in mice
Wearable biosensors can flag illness, Lyme disease, risk for diabetes; low airplane oxygen
|READ MORE ARTICLES ABOUT "Health"...|