The best way to fight cancer is to catch it in the early stages, when it’s more treatable. Many cancer signs can mimic symptoms of other diseases and this is why it’s important to know your body as a man and see a doctor when you notice any changes.
Here are cancer symptoms no man should ignore
1. Difficulty in urinating, blood in urine or semen or unexplained erectile dysfunction can be symptoms of prostate cancer.
2. Persistent coughs that doesn’t go away, coughing up blood and always being short of breath could signal lung cancer especially if you smoke.
3. Chronic headaches that just don’t go away could be a sign of brain tumor, which causes pain by pressing on nerves.
4. If you have less appetite when you usually have a good appetite and you are can’t explain your sudden weight loss, this could signal the following cancers: esophageal, pancreatic, liver, colon and leukaemia.
5. Blood in your stool could be a symptom of colon cancer.
6. Changes in size to one or both of your testicles, swollen or extra heavy testicles or lump in your testicles could indicate testicular cancer.
7. You should check for throat or stomach cancer if you consistently have trouble swallowing and this is accomplished by weight loss or vomiting.
8. A heartburn that doesn’t go away or gets worse could be a symptom of stomach or throat cancer.
9. A fever that won’t go away could signal leukemia.
10. See your doctor if you are always tired no matter how much rest you get. Leukaemia and lymphoma commonly cause persistent fatigue.
11. Consistent stomach pain or feeling nauseous all the time are normally signs of ulcer but they are also symptoms of leukaemia, liver, pancreatic or colorectal cancer.
12. Men are prone to skin cancer because they spend more time in the sun and rarely wear sunscreen. If you notice a mole getting darker, larger, or becoming raised, it could be a sign of skin cancer.