A lot of people bath with sponges or loofahs if you may, but it just might not be healthy for you.
These bathing sponges or loofahs are actually a breeding ground for nasty bacteria which grow and multiply in just one night.
According to The Sun, Expert J. Matthew Knight, from the Knight Dermatology Institute, says they can do more harm than good.
The dead skin cells you scrub off gets caught in the folds of these sponges, and could cause a lot of havoc on your skin.
He added: “Then you put them in this environment in the shower that’s warm and moist and gross, and it’s a set up for bacteria, yeast, and mould to grow in the puff.”
If you use them on newly shaved skin, the news is even worse.
The bacteria can then get into any tiny nicks and result in infections and bad skin.
A study published in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology found these bath sponges host a wide range of bacterial species and bacteria overgrowth literally happens overnight.
If you feel you cannot do without bathing sponges, scientists say you should rinse the sponge thoroughly after each wash and let it dry away from the moist environment of the shower.
You should also replace it every three to four weeks but chuck it sooner if it smells musty or you spot any mould.
Brain changes seen in youth football players without concussion
Babies should sleep in parents’ room first year: US doctors
Pediatricians update digital media recommendations for kids
You will never keep your mobile phone close to your head after reading this
Regular exercising can cut down the risk of diabetes,researchers find
|READ MORE ARTICLES ABOUT "Health"...|