Instant noodles are perhaps one of the most sought after foods by people around the world. They have really unique tastes and smells, they are easy to make, and above all, like the name implies, they are a fast food. But despite all these added values that come with noodles, they also have their negative sides. Let me show you some things about instant noodles that make them unsafe for you.
* Noodles inhibit the absorption of nutrients for children under 5.
* There is an ingredient in instant noodles called ‘Styrofoam’. This substance has been said to cause cancer.
* Instant noodles are mostly enriched with carbohydrates, but no vitamins, fiber and minerals. This makes them junk foods. Junk foods are unhealthy.
* Instant noodles are power packed with high amounts of sodium. Excess consumption of sodium can lead to heart disease, stroke, hypertension and kidney damage.
* A substance known as Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) is used to enhance the flavour of instant noodles. Some people react badly to MSG, and for people like this, when consumed, they end up suffering from headaches, facial flushing, pain, burning sensations.
* Perhaps you didn’t know this — eating noodles is the leading cause of obesity. Noodles contain fat and large amounts of sodium, which causes water retention in the body and surely it leads to overweight, and of course, you know how dangerous obesity can be. It can lead to heart complications.
* Instant noodles are bad for the digestive system. A regular consumption of instant noodles can cause one irregular bowl movements and bloating.
* A regular consumption of instant noodles can tend to affect the body’s metabolism, because of the chemical substances they’re made with, like additives, coloring and preservatives inside the noodles.
Alright, so now you know what dangers you may be exposing yourself to when you consume instant noodles excessively. Remember it’s not really eating it that’s the problem. It’s your addiction and excessive consumption of it.