Seyoboka bail hearing for Friday

Published by Théophile Niyitegeka
On 7 February 2017 saa 05:12
Views :
47 2

Kanombe High Military Court has today heard the appeal of Second Lieutenant Seyoboka Jean Claude against the 30th January 2017 decision on to extend his remand for more 30 days.

Seyoboka and his defense lawyer, Albert Nkundabatware have requested to dismiss the recent decision of extending his remand to allow beginning of the trial.
They both explained that the judge took the decision without reasonable cause and disregarded law provisions stipulating that a prosecutor has to request remand based on clear causes.

Seyoboka and his defense lawyer further explained that the remand disregarded the fact that the court case has existed for more than 20 years yet the investigation had been carried within Canada justice departments and in Gacaca courts before his deportation to Rwanda.

Nkundabatware has told court that the prosecution didn’t reveal the progress of the investigation which would serve as the basis to requesting remand extension.

The prosecution has been represented by Capt. Kayihura Kagiraneza who said that investigations are ongoing, and have talked to more witnesses. He asked for more time to contact more witness because Seyoboka’s crime is grave in nature.

The court ruling will be read on 10th January 2017.


Advertisement

YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS ARTICLE

RULES AND REGULATIONS

Kwamamaza