The owners of Australia’s Dreamworld theme park have announced they will demolish the water ride where four people were killed last month.
Two of the victims were thrown from a raft at the Thunder River Rapids ride and two others were trapped inside.
Ardent Leisure said decommissioning the ride was "the only respectful and appropriate course of action".
Dreamworld, on Queensland’s Gold Coast, has been closed since the tragedy on 25 October.
The firm says it will not reopen until an independent safety review has been completed.
Kate Goodchild, 32, died alongside brother Luke Dorsett, 35, his partner, Roozbeh Araghi, 38, and Cindy Low, 42.
Dreamworld CEO Craig Davidson said every ride was undergoing a thorough safety check.
"From today, we will begin to move towards the re-opening of Dreamworld," he told reporters on Wednesday.
"Please be assured that as we begin this process, families who lost their loved ones will remain our first and foremost focus."
Friends and family have paid tribute to all four victims over the past week at a series of funeral ceremonies.
"Out of respect for the memories of Cindy Low, Roozbeh Araghi, Kate Goodchild and Luke Dorsett, and their deeply affected families, the ride will be permanently decommissioned," the company said in a statement.
The company also indicated that the victims’ families would be invited to help create a "fitting and permanent" memorial.
Two bodies found in Kigali
Govt to establish Lake Kivu oil status in three months
Rwanda bank survives a Rwf500 million cyber-heist
Rwanda bans chicken, eggs imports from Uganda
Kigali Agreement Creates ‘Orderly Phasedown’ of HFCs
|READ MORE ARTICLES ABOUT "News"...|