The 2016/2017 Miss Rwanda, Iradukunda Elsa has visited 20 visually impaired children under the support of Jordan Foundation where she promised added medical and advocacy support.
Jordan Foundation run by Bahati Vanessa accommodates 20 children from various vulnerable families.
During the visit on Tuesday, Miss Iradukunda said she plans to assist the visually impaired children who can have their sight recovered if treated.
“Some of these children can have their sight recovered if treated. I pledge to support those who have big chances of recovering by taking them to Kabgayi Hospital. We have not yet identified numbers of those who can get cured but we will assist all children with chances of sight recovery,” she said.
She lauded Bahati Vanessa for taking care of the visually impaired children whose acts she said should be emulated.
Bahati established the foundation one year ago after giving birth to a visually impaired child and committed to supporting children with similar problems from vulnerable families.
She had tried to get her child treated but her efforts remained futile and decided to take care and brighten his future despite his disability.
The foundation is located in Gatsata, Gasabo district near Gihogwe Health Center.
Bahati helps them to socialize and enhance their access to education.
- Miss Rwanda, Iradukunda Elsa holding one of visually impaired children
- visually impaired children at Jordan Foundation
- Miss Iradukunda Elsa; Fourth runner-up of Miss Rwanda 2017, Isimbi Fanique and Bahati Vanessa , the founder of Jordan Foundation chatting
- Miss Rwanda, Iradukunda Elsa at Jordan Foundation
- Bahati Vanessa, the founder of Jordan Foundation