One student succumbs to food poisoning

Published by Théophile Niyitegeka
On 15 May 2017 saa 03:59
Views :
47 2

One of more than 12 students from the University of Rwanda, Huye Campus, who was recently referred to CHUB hospital after eating poisoned food at the campus’ restaurant, breathed his last yesterday.

The director of CHUB, Dr Augustin Sendegeya has told IGIHE that one of the students identified as Augustin Ngendahimana died yesterday night.

“It is true that he has died. He died in the night around 10pm,” he said.

Late Ngendahimana was a first year student in Business, Banking and Administration-BBA.

Students who ate the poisoned food in the night of 10th May 2017 experienced strong bouts of diarrhea, vomiting and stomach upset before they were admitted at University Teaching Hospital of Butare (CHUB).

Police immediately arrested four cooks at Huye Campus restaurant as investigations continue.

JPEG - 107.1 kb
One of students referred to CHUB after eating poisoned food.

Advertisement

YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS ARTICLE

RULES AND REGULATIONS

Kwamamaza