President Paul Kagame has today been nominated the presidential flag bearer of Rwanda Patriotic Front, RPF-Inkontanyi, after submitting in his credentials to the National Electoral Commission (NEC) to represent the party. Driving himself in his Range Rover, Kagame arrived at NEC headquarters at 12:30 hours accompanied by over 200 RPF Inkotanyi members.
He later on presented his credentials to NEC Chairman, Prof. Kalisa Mbanda in the presence of RPF Inkotanyi Secretary General, Ngarambe François and commissioner in FPR Inkotanyi, Mukasine Marie Claire.
Kagame has been requested to present RPF Inkotanyi document proving he was selected as flag bearer in upcoming presidential polls, document proving that one of his parents is a Rwandan native and another certifying that all documents presented are genuine.
He has also been asked to present document indicating that he declared his wealth. Each document has been presented in duplicate with a copy to be kept in NEC files and another stamped and handed back to Kagame. His documents were all complete.
Various RPF officials and enthusiasts had arrived early at NEC headquarters to demonstrate support for Kagame, singing RPF Inkotanyi songs among others, talking about Rwanda’s progress under the stewardship of President Paul Kagame.
Kagame was nominated RPF Inkotanyi flag bearer last weekend in the party’s extra ordinary congress.
Other candidates who have already submitted candidatures include Mwenedata Gilbert andShima Diane RwigaraBboth contesting as independent candidates additional to Dr Frank Habinezarepresenting Green Party.
Sekibuko Barafinda Fred is another aspirant independent presidential candidate who has been asked complete credentials before submission to NEC.
- President Paul Kagame presenting his credentials to NEC Chariman,Prof Kalisa Mbanda.
- President Paul Kagame presented his credentials to NEC Chairman, Prof. Kalisa Mbanda in the presence of RPF Inkotanyi Secretary General, Ngarambe François (first right) and commissioner in FPR Inkotanyi (right), Mukasine Marie Claire (second right in Rwandan traditional attire).
- President Paul Kagame greeting supporters at NEC headquarters
- Over 200 RPF Inkotanyi members arrived early at NEC headquarters to support President Paul Kagame.
- Driving himself in his Range Rover, Kagame arrived at NEC headquarters at 12:30 hours.