President Paul Kagame has reshuffled the cabinet and made some changes in the government structures that saw some ministries merged and some phased out.
The former Minister of Gender and Family Planning, Dr Diane Gashumba has been transferred to the Ministry of Health replacing Dr Agnes Binagwaho while the former was replaced by Esperance Nyirasafari in MIGEPROF.
Governors of Provinces have been also replaced except the Southern Province governor, Alphonse Munyentwali who remained in his position.
Rwamukwaya Olivier has been appointed as the new state minister in TVET while Isaac Munyakazi went to primary and secondary education.
The Ministry for East African Affairs (MINEAC) has also been merged with the Ministry of Trade and Industry (NINICOM) led by Francois Kanimba while Valentine Rubgwabiza former minister of MINEAC is appointed as permanent representative of Rwanda to the United Nations.
The government reshuffle has been disseminated through the statement signed by the Prime Minister, Anastase Murekezi.
1. Prime Minister: Anastase Murekezi
2. Minister of Agriculture and Animal Resources: Dr Geraldine Mukeshimana
3. Minister of Natural Resources: Dr Vincent Biruta
4. Minister of Sports and Culture: Uwacu Julienne
5. Minister of Infrastructure: Musoni James
6. Minister of Local Government: Kaboneka Francis
7. Minister of Finance and Economic Planning: Amb. Gatete Claver
8. Minister of Trade ,Industry and East Africa Affairs: Kanimba François
9. Minister of Health: Dr Gashumba Diane
10.Minister of Justice and the State’s Attorney General: Busingye Johnston
11. Minister of Education: Dr Musafili Papias Malimba
12. Minister of Labor and Public Service: Uwizeye Judith
13. Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation: Mushikiwabo Louise
14. Minister of Gender and Family Promotion: Nyirasafali Esperance
15. Minister of Defense: Gen Kabarebe James
16. Minister in the Office of the Presidency: Tugireyezu Venantia
17. Minister in charge of cabinet affairs: Mugabo Stella Ford
18. Minister of Disaster Management and Refugee Affairs: Mukantabana Seraphine
19. Minister of Youth and ICT: Nsengimana Jean Philbert
20. The Chief Executive Officer of Rwanda Development Board: Gatare Francis
1. State minister in TVET: Rwamukwaya Olivier
2. State minister for primary and secondary education: Munyakazi Isaac
3. State minister in charge of social welfare in Minaloc: Dr Mukabaramba Alvera
4. State minister for economic development in Minaloc : Munyeshyaka Vincent
5. State minister in MINECOFIN in charge of budget planning: Dr Ndagijimana Uzziel
6. State minister for energy and water in MININFRA: Kamayirese Germaine
7. State Minister for transport in MININFRA: Dr Nzahabwanimana Alexis
8. The state minister in the Ministry of Health: Dr Ndimubanzi Patrick
9. State minister in the Ministry of Justice in charge of the constitution and other laws: Uwizeyimana Evode
10. The state minister in MINAGRI in charge of Agriculture: Nsengiyumva Fulgence
Other appointed leaders
Governors of Provinces
Northern Province: Musabyimana Claude
Eastern Province: Kazayire Judith
Western Province: Mureshyankwano Marie Rose
Southern Province: Munyantwari Alphonse
MINALOC: Uwamariya Odette
The Ministry of Trade,Industry and East African Affairs : Safari Innocent
Rwandan embassy in New York
1. Permanent representative of Rwanda in UN : Ambasaderi Rugwabiza Valentine
2. Minister Counsellor: Bakuramutsa Feza
1. The coordinator in Northern Corridor projects: Hategeka Emmanuel
2. The director of RAB: Dr Cyubahiro Bagabe Marc
3. The director of Rwanda’s National Museums : Masozera Robert
4. Director General of Industry and SMEs at the Ministry of Trade, Industry and EAC: Karenzi Annet
The Minister of Internal Security lead by Mussa Fazil Harerimana has not appeared in the government reshuffle .
Syrian forces make more gains in rebel-held east Aleppo
Venezuela suspended from Mercosur over violations
Trump backers ask courts to halt or prevent recounts
Indonesians rally against Purnama over blasphemy claims
Libya: Rival militias in deadly clashes in Tripoli
|READ MORE ARTICLES ABOUT "News"...|