On Tuesday, 13th September 2016, an Extraordinary Cabinet Meeting chaired by His Excellency the President of the Republic, Paul KAGAME, convened in Village URUGWIRO.
1. The Cabinet Meeting approved the minutes of the Cabinet Meeting held on 10th August 2016.
2. The Cabinet Meeting was briefed about achievements realized in Made in Rwanda /Textile and leather Industry, the Cabinet appreciated the remarkable progress in the sector.
3. The Cabinet Meeting approved the Framework for Joint Government and CSOs Program to improve the Delivery of Social Protection Programs in Rwanda.
4. The Cabinet Meeting approved ICT for agriculture strategy and implementation plan.
5. The Cabinet Meeting approved the New Inputs (seeds & fertilizers) Distribution Model under the Government Subsidy Scheme.
6. The Cabinet Meeting approved the proposed mechanism for mining revenues sharing to support the development of communities living near mining sites.
7. The Cabinet Meeting approved the Rwanda Development Board (RDB) Reorganization, after some adjustments.
8. The Cabinet Meeting approved the Lease for the Management and operationalization of the Urban Fisheries Products Promotion Centre in the Kigali Special Economic Zone by AQUAHORT EXPORT LTD/AEL.
9. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following Draft Laws:
Draft Law establishing the Long-Term Savings Scheme and governing its organization;
Draft Law authorizing ratification of the Paris Agreement to the United Nations
Framework Convention on climate change, adopted in Paris on 12/12/2015;
Draft Law authorizing the accession to MINAMATA Convention on Mercury adopted at KUMAMOTO in Japan, on 10/10/2013;
Draft Law authorizing ratification of the EAC Protocol to operationalize the extended jurisdiction of the East African Court of justice adopted in Nairobi, Kenya on 20/02/2015;
Draft Law establishing Rwanda Law Enforcement Academy (RLEA) and determining its mission, organization and functioning;
Draft Law establishing the Rwanda Investigation Bureau (RIB) and determining its mission, powers, organization and functioning;
Draft Law modifying and complementing Law n° 46/2010 of 14/12/2010 determining the powers, responsibilities, organization and functioning of the Rwanda National Police (RNP).
10. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following Orders:
Prime Minister’s Order allocating the Plot Nº 5714, a State Land in Private Domain, measuring 292,768 sqm located in Uwingugu Cell, Kitabi Sector, Nyamagabe District, Southern Province to “KITABI TEA COMPANY Ltd” for investment.
Prime Minister’s Order granting deliberate resignation to Mr. Richard Clive MWESIGWA NKUNDA, Director of Medical Entomology Unit in Rwanda Biomedical Centre (RBC);
Ministerial Order appointing Inspectors of agrichemicals and determining their powers and responsibilities; Proposed candidates are:
Mrs. INGABIRE Jeanne Priscille;
Mr. HAKIZAMUNGU Leon;
Mr. MUDAHERANWA Joseph;
Mrs. BERABABYEYI Claudine;
Mrs. MUJAWAMARIYA Marie Goretti.
11. The Cabinet Meeting approved Ministerial Instructions determining monthly lump sum and other fringe benefits for Government Officials and people’s representatives under the fleet policy of the Government of Rwanda;
12. The Cabinet Meeting approved the agrément of proposed Ambassadors/High Commissioners designated to represent their respective countries in Rwanda.
Dr. PETER WOESTE , of the Federal Republic of Germany, with residence in Kigali.
Mrs. JENNY OHLSSON, of the Republic of Sweden, with residence in Kigali.
Mr. PEKKA JUHANI HUKKA, of Finland, with residence in Dar es salaam, Tanzania.
Mr. ABDULLAH MOHAMMED ABDULLAH AL-TAKKAWI, of the United Arab Emirates, with residence in Kampala, Uganda.
13. The Cabinet Meeting made the following appointments:
In the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation/MINAFFET
Mr. NIKOBISANZWE Claude: Permanent Secretary
Mrs. RUGEMA Faith: Director General in charge of Bilateral Relations
Mrs. GITERA Diane:Director General in charge of Multilateral Relations
Col. BUTERA Gerard: Chief of State Protocol
In Parliament/Chamber of Deputies
Amb. KAMBANDA Jeanine: Clerk
In National Electoral Commission/NEC
Mrs MUKARURANGWA Immaculee: Deputy Executive Secretary
In Rwanda Environment Management Authority/REMA
Mrs. Colette RUHAMYA: Director General
In Ministry of Justice/MINIJUST
Mr. MUHIRE Yves: Director of Abandoned Property Management Unit.
In National Unity and Reconciliation Commission/NURC
Mr. SEMPUNDU Pierre: Director of Administration and Finance Unit.
In Gender Monitoring Office/GMO
Mrs. ASSIMWE Rebecca: Director of Monitoring and Gender Mainstreaming Unit.
14. In A.O.B:
a) The Minister in the Office of The President informed the Cabinet Meeting that the International Day of Peace will be celebrated on 21/09/2016 under the theme: "Building blocks for peace: the role of youth in promoting peace and sustainable development".
b) The Minister of Local Government informed the Cabinet Meeting that activities for the 7th Governance Month shall be launched on 14th September 2016 in all Districts. He requested all leaders to sensitize Rwandans to live in grouped settlements to facilitate easy access to electricity infrastructures, take pride in self-reliance and desist dependency syndrome.
c) The Minister of Youth & ICT informed the Cabinet Meeting that the use of un-manned drones to transport medical products to hospitals will start by drone flight-tests in Muhanga on 20th September 2016.
d) The Minister of Agriculture and Animal Resources informed the Cabinet Meeting that the 5th edition of All-Africa International honey industry exposition will take place from 21st to 26th September 2016 at Kigali Conference & Exhibition Village.
e) The Minister of Justice/Attorney General informed the Cabinet Meeting that the 2nd Rwanda- Netherlands Advisory Panel on Justice and Rule of Law will be held in Kigali from the 28th to 29th September 2016.
f) The Minister of Disaster Management and Refugee Affairs informed the Cabinet Meeting that on 8th and 9th September 2016 in Congo Brazzaville, a tripartite meeting was held between the government of Rwanda, Republic of Congo Brazzaville and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in order to discuss the implementation progress of the Cessation Clause for Rwandan refugees living in that country.
This Statement was signed by
Stella Ford MUGABO
The Minister in Charge of Cabinet Affairs
Aleppo residents plead for help as Syria fighting rages
Charlotte police release video of Keith Scott shooting
Washington mall shooting: 20-year-old suspect arrested
Kashmir: Protests erupt after man killed by army
US: First African American museum opens its doors
|READ MORE ARTICLES ABOUT "News"...|