Many people have leadership positions, but not many are good leaders.
It takes good leadership to be able to bring out the best in others.
These quotes will inspire you to be a good leader.
1. “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” — Ronald Reagan
3. “The task of leadership is not to put greatness into people, but to elicit it, for the greatness is there already.” — John Buchan
4. “Example is not the main thing in influencing others, it is the only thing.” — Albert Schweitzer
5. “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” — Jack Welch
6. “Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” — Dwight D. Eisenhower
8. “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter F. Drucker
9. “I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself.” — Robert E. Lee
10. “The day the soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.” — Colin Powell
11. “A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.” — Max Lucado
12. “Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems.” – Brian Tracy
13. “All of the great leaders have had one characteristic in common: it was the willingness to confront unequivocally the major anxiety of their people in their time. This, and not much else, is the essence of leadership.” — John Kenneth Galbraith
14. “The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.” — Max DePree
15. “No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or to get all the credit for doing it.” — Andrew Carnegie
16. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” – John F. Kennedy
17. “There are three essentials to leadership: humility, clarity and courage.” — Fuchan Yuan
18. “There is a difference between being a leader and being a boss. Both are based on authority. A boss demands blind obedience; a leader earns his authority through understanding and trust.” — Klaus Balkenhol
19. “A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others so that they may have the strength to stand on their own.” Beth Revis
20. “Wisdom equals knowledge plus courage. You have to not only know what to do and when to do it, but you have to also be brave enough to follow through.” — Jarod Kintz
Do you want to be a good leader? Then these tips should be practiced and not just read.
6 common lame excuses people give for going to work late
6 tips to follow when you’re making too many mistakes at work
6 things you need to have accomplished at 25
7 traits of trustworthy people
20 quotes about leadership that would inspire you to be a good leader
|READ MORE ARTICLES ABOUT "People"...|