Check out more tips to help your growth and development as a person, and your quest to be successful in life.
1. Get a mentor and follow his instructions and respect them and the relationship.
2. Make new positive friends as often as possible and ensure you keep the communication line open. And like I always say, create a network of friends and not just connections.
3. Show kindness to everyone. The one who’s nothing today can become big tomorrow. The biggest dog in the neighborhood was once a puppy.
4. Always plan ahead and be proactive. He that plans the future works less in the future.
5. Listen to speeches and messages from great teachers. That’s how you learn and become better.
6. Attend seminars and training on any area you need to improve yourself. Train the trainer, personal development, public speaking, sales etc.
7. Have the habit of keeping a pen and a writing pad handy because ideas come in the form of flashes. The smallest pen is bigger and better than the biggest brain.
8. Make sure at every point in time you are reading a book. If you spend 20 minutes reading daily, for 52 weeks you would have consumed 1,000,000 words.
9. Put control over your mouth, never say evil of any man, what you are not certain of should not be said. Say good of all men.
10. Always show appreciation for any good deed you receive.
11. Always help someone in need. You may need their help tomorrow.
12. Live a debt free life. What you can’t pay cash for is not your size.
13. Give out loans that you can part with as gift, so that you don’t destroy your business and relationships.
14. Create legitimate multiple source of income. Great men don’t depend on one.
15. Save at least 10 percent of your income.
16. Invest a portion of your income. And be patient to see it grow.
17. Keep a good financial record of all income and expenses, so you won’t ask later “where did my money go?”
18. Be involved in community service. Control traffic, free lesson class for students etc.
19. Keep getting better on your daily goals and dream, develop yourself on them and make sure you get to the top 10 % of your industry.
20. Make sure you engage in exercise. It keeps your brain alert and your body fit to enjoy your success.
Don’t forget to share, and educate others too.