We all need to spend money but the big question you should ask yourself is how are you spending the money you earn?
Reckless spending can lead to financial problems and the best time to take a look at your finances is now.
Here are 9 signs you need to watch how you spend money
1. You spend money buying things you don’t actually use much. If you have several gadgets and equipment that you can’t remember the last time you used, you obviously need to watch how you spend money.
2. If you have several bills that go unpaid because you don’t have the cash to settle them, then you obviously need to watch how you spend money. Essential bills should be paid before you spend money on entertainment and non-essentials.
3. If you don’t have any money left at the end of the month, then you need to watch how you spend money. Irrespective of how much you earn, you need to have money left at the end of each month.
4. If you don’t save at least 5% of your income every month, then you need to watch how you spend money. It’s recommended you save between 10-15% of your income monthly and the minimum amount you should save is 5%.
6. If you always get home broke after a night out with friends, then you need to watch how you spend.
7. You need to watch how you spend money if everyone around you sees you as an impulse spender. If you spend without thinking about it, then you need to check how you spend.
8. If you have to borrow money a lot from your friends and colleagues, then you need to check how you spend. You are obviously living above your means if you end up borrowing every month.
9. You need to watch how you spend if you can’t go a day without spending money. Never assume spending little bills on random stuffs don’t matter because if you sum them all up at the end of the month, you will realise they matter.
6 money problems that affect many marriages
6 kinds of people you should avoid if you want to be successful
Having a bad day?6 ways to cheer yourself up
6 jobs that are dangerous to your health
6 things you must aim to do this new year
|READ MORE ARTICLES ABOUT "People"...|