Rubavu school dormitory catches fire

Published by IGIHE
On 15 March 2017 saa 03:46
Views : 378
0 0

A dormitory accommodating 20 senior six male students at Ecole Secondaire Baptiste de Fraternité (ESBF) in Gisenyi sector of Rubavu district has caught fire this morning destroying property worth millions.

No one died as the incident took place when students were in class.

Destroyed materials include beds, mattresses, suitcases, bags, clothes, laptops among others whose value has not yet been established.

Fire-fighting trucks at Gisenyi airport have intervened to put out the fire.

Rwanda Energy Group (REG) employees at the scene have attributed the cause of fire to substandard equipment and poor electrical installation.

The mayor of Rubavu district, Sinamenye Jeremie has asked students to share items with affected schoolmates.

He also lauded security personnel and students for intervention to put out the fire.

JPEG - 103.4 kb
Students escaping the dormitory on fire.


Advertisement

YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS ARTICLE

RULES AND REGULATIONS

Kwamamaza