No one knows the good, the bad and the ugly side of marriage like our mothers. A friend sent these words of wisdom to me and I felt I should share it with you. Ensure you read and share with your friends.
1. The wife that wins all arguments with her husband is not wise. The home is not a law court.
2. The wife that uses sex as a weapon in the home – placing embargo, going to bed in jeans shorts and trousers – lacks wisdom.
3. The wife that uses the modern trends and laws of “human rights” to insult or ridicule her husband simply makes a fool of herself.
4. A woman who makes her home devoid of peace through bickering, nagging and quarrels needs help. A man should be eager to run away from the office to be at home, for that should be the safest and closest place on earth for him.
5. Modern day equality in marriage does not mean competition, it simply means partnership. Taking advantage of such equality to turn around and become the defacto head of the home and oppress the man is tantamount to playing with fire. If you destroy your home, soon you would be the boss of an empty home.
6. A wise wife makes the man feel so good that he assumes that he is the head of the home. Once he gets that feeling, the woman gently wields her power and the head actually turns to wherever the neck wants without protest.
7. A wife that does not pull herself away from friend’s influence and advice and even from the control of her mother and father will have herself to blame.
8. When a man is looking for a wife, he bypasses women of different shapes and sizes to choose a wife but soon after childbirth, many women hide under the excuse of childbirth to let go of themselves. Many stop bothering about their looks, shape, dressing etc. Within 5 years of marriage, people start wondering if the wife is the man’s aunt even though she is 7 years younger. Her defence is that if he truly loves her, he should love her the way she is but when looking for a wife he saw people like the present YOU, ignored them and settled for the former YOU. Today you go to bed smelling of onions…you go to bed wearing grandmothers’ clothes. Why are you playing with your marriage? Love is not about looks, we know but looks enhances love and marriage. There is a difference between someone disfiguring herself and the person being disfigured by an accident. Please don’t be complacent. As hard as it may be, work on looking as you were when he first saw you and began the chase.
9. If every night you are tired, sleepy, sore, down with headache or fever, “not in the mood”, you are a joker, a serious comedian.
10. If your children suddenly become more important to you than your husband, you need prayers.
11. If you assume that as the woman, only you need to be pampered and fussed over while the man is a stone that has no emotions, you need to be pitied.
12. A woman that has the mind of a wife does not excite her husband. Wives are usually complacent and presumptuous. A wife must strive to have the mind of a girlfriend. A girlfriend is always nicer, sweeter, more loving and always thinking of ways to wow her sweetheart. A girlfriend does not try to win all arguments, does not call the man a “useless man”, is not careless about her looks or dressing, always smiles and laughs with the man, sends the man sweet messages and calls etc. Are you your husband’s girlfriend in words and in deeds?
Only a loving mother can give these wonderful words of wisdom. Hope you enjoyed it?