A lot of people tend to wallow in self-pity; they tend to have pity on themselves and hope others will do so too.
Self-pity is a very harmful trait, and a quote reads: “Never let yourself yield to the seductive pool of self-pity. Acting like a victim threatens your future.”
These are some reasons you shouldn’t let self-pity into your life.
1. Whenever you feel sorry for yourself, you give room for the problem to become bigger, and it also looks bigger in your eyes.
2. Self-pity only makes things worse; you can never come out of a difficult situation by having self-pity.
3. Self-pity swallows your thinking, motivation and will; it leaves you lifeless.
4. When you choose to have that consciousness of self-pity, it means you’ve agreed to live with those sad regrets and they will be there for you every day.
5. Having self-pity is like putting yourself in a hole and believing that you’re locked inside, without wanting to know if there are escape routes. Self-pity is a trap that’ll hinder you from seeing any possibility.
6. You have so much ability in you, but self-pity is a cloak that’ll never make you see through it.
7. Self-pity will make you think of the problem and not the solution.
Self-pity is a cancer that you shouldn’t let into your life. You cannot change the past, but you can change the future, and it starts by letting go of the past and kicking away self-pity.