Dating can be hard work if you’re involved with the wrong person, just as its fun if with the right person. In a relationship, happiness and self-worth are everything. If the person you’re going to be with is going to zap your energy and make you feel worthless eventually, then, trust me, it’s not worth it. That is the reason it’s important to take note of the following as you go into that relationship.
1. In a relationship, respect is everything. If your partner isn’t going to respect you enough, you might as well not be with them. It’s one thing if it happens just once, but it’s entirely different if it happens every time. If they disrespect you all the time, you should let them go, they don’t deserve you.
2. Do not be with someone who’s not sure if they want to be with you or not. Indecisive people are not worth being with. Don’t be a pity case for anybody.
3. You can’t buy love. Do not think you can get someone’s affection by buying them expensive gifts and throwing money at them. If they do show you love, they’re doing it because of the money and gifts. Let things flow naturally. If they don’t like you the way you are, nothing will change that.
4. Guys, it’s definitely not real love if she uses sex as a means of negotiation to get what she wants. If she does the same to you, she’ll do it to another man.
5. Before you throw caution to the wind, and love with your all, be sure they feel exactly the same, so you don’t end up regretting and hurt. You always know when it’s mutual. If it’s not, it’s not worth it.
6. Guys, desperation is not attractive. It won’t make you seem serious to her. It’s a huge turnoff to women (men too). Try to give her space sometimes.
7. If they keep comparing you to their Ex, it’s not a healthy sign. You may want to leave because you’ll never really cut it enough for them.
8. You can’t be the one to make all the efforts in your relationship; ‘it takes two to tango’ they say. If they aren’t ready to put in as much effort as you, you should look for someone who will.
9. Do not lose your identity to your partner. It’s a relationship, and you’re supposed to complement each other. If they make you feel like you need to be somebody else, it’s not worth it.
10. This may seem harsh, but it’s the truth. If your partner ever cheats on you, just forget it and move on. It’s a known fact that most cheaters always do it over and over again.
I hope you find this piece useful. Good luck.