One of the measures includes waiving fees on some online services. For 90 days, starting March 19th, 2020, the Bank will allow Zero transfer charges on BPR to BPR transactions with mobile and internet banking; Zero transfer charges between BPR and other banks transactions with mobile and internet banking and Zero transfer charges for BPR-Mobile Money transactions on Airtel and MTN.
BPR encourages customers and stakeholders to use cashless transactions to curb the spread of coronavirus.
For more information, dial 1500
BPR has also announced that following the notice from the World Health Organization (WHO) declaring coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic and to implement preventive measures taken by the Ministry of Health to curb the spread of the virus, BPR advises that:
1. While the Bank’s services continue to run as usual, using cashless transactions is important to curb the spread of coronavirus
- For using BPR Mobile Banking services, dial *150# or download BPR Mobile Banking App from Playstore or App Store
- Internet Banking services are available
- Customers who have not yet registered to use mobile or internet banking are advised to visit the nearest BPR branch or dial 1500 for assistance.
- Customers are advised to use debit cards at all outlets where they are allowed.
- Debit cards are accepted by all BPR agents