The death of the girl hailing from Huye district was known on Monday evening.
She was working at the home of a one Karamage François.
Sources say that it was raining when the girl took shelter in a closed kitchen with a heater inside from where she suffocated.
The executive secretary of Nyarugenge sector, Nyamutera Innocent has confirmed to IGIHE that the deceased might have died of suffocation.
“She closed herself in the kitchen with a hot brazier as it rained. The brazier is the probable cause of her death,” he said.
Nyamutera explained that Police found the kitchen closed and partly de-roofed the house whereupon they found the girl’s body straddled behind the door.
Her body was taken to Kacyiru Hospital for postmortem.