The two are children of Gilbert Njyanabo.
Sources from the Nyagatare sector indicate that both parents left the sleeping children locked inside the house. Fire is thought to have been caused by an electric circuit.
Uwase died on spot while her sibling Iranzi died on arrival at Nyagatare hospital.
When a fire gutted the house, residents rushed to break the door on the side where children were sleeping but all in vain.
The mayor of Nyagatare district, David Claudian Mushabe confirmed the incident and appealed to parents to be cautious.
“Parents should adopt strict measures to closely look after children whether they are at home or not. They should go with them when they leave home for trading businesses or tilling their gardens to avoid similar tragedies,” he advised.
The bodies were taken to Nyagatare hospital.