00:00:00 IGIHE NETWORK KINYARWANDA ENGLISH FRANCAIS

Bralirwa Plc registers Rwf6.9 billion profit in first half

By IGIHE
On 5 August 2021 at 05:13

Bralirwa Plc has announced its unaudited financial results for the period that ended 30th June 2021 where the beverage manufacturer registered Rwf6.5 billion after-tax profit translating into an increase by 64.2% from Rwf 3.9 billion of the first half last year.

Among others, revenue increased by 27.5% to Rwf 56.8 billion in the first half year of 2021 from Rwf44.6 billion of 2020.

Revenue growth is driven by improved growth of beer and the recovery of soft drink volume and reclassification of proceeds from services from other income to revenue in 2021.

Bralirwa’s operating result also increased to Rwf12.6 billion from Rwf 8.9 billion of the same period last year resulting from strict cost management in addition to COVID-19 mitigating actions.

Generally, volume and revenue increased respectively by 13.2% and 19.8% mainly driven by the continued growth of beer and the recovery of soft drink volume.

Commenting on the performance; Merid Demissie, Vice Chairman of the Board and Managing Director of Bralirwa said that Bralirwa has been able to perform well despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the measures that are in place to slow down the spread of the virus.

“Both volume and revenue increased mainly driven by a more intentional route to consumer that targeted off-premise channels such as supermarkets and grocery stores,” he noted.

In the second half of 2021, Bralirwa expects an increase in volume with the expected relaxation of COVID-19 government restrictions and the continued leverage on the route-to-market and effective allocation of commercial firepower.

About Bralirwa

Bralirwa Plc is a Rwandan company producing and selling beers and soft drinks.

The Company’s beer brand portfolio includes Heineken, Primus, Mützig, Legend, Amstel and Turbo King produced in the Gisenyi Brewery. Primus, the Company’s largest selling beer brand has been available to consumers since 1959.

Since 1974, the Company has been producing and selling soft drink brands under a licensing agreement with The Coca-Cola Company. These include Coca Cola, Fanta, Sprite, Krest, Tonic, Stoney, Pineapple and the Company’s own brands Vital’O and Cheetah - energy drink.

The Company was founded in 1957 with the construction of a brewery located in Gisenyi. Since 1971, Bralirwa is a subsidiary of Heineken N.V., which holds 75% of the shares of Bralirwa with the remaining 25% listed on the Rwanda Stock Exchange. As a socially responsible company, Bralirwa supports a variety of projects from Health to Environment.


Advertisement

YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS ARTICLE

RULES AND REGULATIONS
Kwamamaza