In a bid to take stock of achievements and further promote cultural exchanges between the two countries, the Chinese Embassy in Rwanda has invited all friends to join a photography contest in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
Entry information are provided as follows.
. China-Rwanda Friendship. Showing people, stories and achievements regarding the exchanges and cooperation between China and Rwanda.
2. Unique Rwanda. Highlighting the characteristics of Rwanda, showing the distinctive features of Rwanda’s society, culture, nature, history, and other aspects.
Awards and Prizes
The contest will have three 1st prize winners, five 2nd prize winners and 8 3rd prize winners and 10 winners for excellent works awards.
Prizes include smart phones, mobile hard drives, digital photo frames and gifts from China.
Entry period: September 14 – October 15
Judging period: October 16 – November 1 (October 20 – October 30 is the online popular voting period)
Awards ceremony and online exhibition of works: Early November
Entry Submission and Guidelines
1. Each participant can submit single photo or photo story (two to three images), and should submit a brief introduction of the work (including the site of shooting, background story, etc.), a brief introduction of the author and contact information including mobile and email together with the works.
2. Entries must be submitted electronically to the following mailbox: [email protected] in entry period. The title of the email should indicate the "Author name – Photograph name".
3. The content of the entries should be positive and must not involve pornography, violence, religion and racial discrimination, and shall not be placed in advertisements.
4. Photos must be with no corner mark, logo or watermark. Any equipment can be used, if using mobile phone, it is recommended to shoot in landscape mode. Computer-generated images are not allowed, but software can be used to adjust the size and color of the picture. The resolution should be higher than 300dpi.
1. Entry is limited to original works for which the participant holds all applicable rights. If any dispute arises with regard to copyright, trademark right, reputation right and any other legal rights and interests related to the work, the consequences and losses shall be borne by the participant.
2. The participant grants the organizer non-exclusive use of high- resolution pictures for activities in all media, and all promotional activities for and under the auspices of the organizer, without any remuneration being due.
3. And the organizer will indicate the name of the author and other relevant information when using the submitted works.
1. In order to ensure the fairness, impartiality and openness of the contest, the organizer will invite representatives of Rwandan professional fields to the judging panel.
2. After winning works are selected, the organizer will contact the author within five working days. If the author cannot be reached, it will be considered as the author voluntarily gives up the prize.
3. The right to interpret this event belongs to the organizer. The participation in the contest indicates participants’ acceptance of above contest rules.
4. Contact number:
+250789622676 (English, French, Kinyarwanda)
+250 787413061 (Mandarin, English)