The Ministry of Health in the daily update said on Monday 7 positive cases were identified out of 1,083 tests conducted, putting all the total cases to 377.
“New cases are cross-border travellers, especially in Rusizi, who have all been isolated,” the Ministry said, a day after five more cases were recorded in the same district.
The Minister of Health Dr. Daniel Ngamije said on Monday that the positive cases were all people engaged in cross-border activities especially traders and truck drivers traversing Rwanda and DRC towns of Rusizi and Bukavu.
President Paul Kagame on the same day appealed to nationals to remain patient as the government works to contain the cases that resurfaced in the community. He added that the government is aware that the revised plans to reopen have affected many but they are aimed at ensuring safety and averting a possible second wave of cases in the community.
The Ministry of Health also reported that six people had recovered, bringing the number of recoveries to 264 while active cases are now 114. So far 69,151 tests have been conducted since March and only one death recorded.