COVID-19: Two more deaths, one 29-year old

By Nicole Kamanzi M.
On 19 September 2020 at 11:58

Two more people succumbed to the New Coronavirus in Rwanda, on Friday, Septemeber 18th, bringing the number of deaths to 25.

According to the daily update by the Ministry of Health, the two victims are a 29-year old and an 80-year old, all residents of Kigali.

“Condolences to families of two Rwandans, 80-year-old and 29-year-old, who passed away in Kigali,” the Ministry said, while 18 new cases were reported, out of 1,549 tests, taking the total number of cases in Rwanda so far to 4,671.

On the same day, the Ministry also reported 28 recoveries, taking total recoveries to 2,845, while the number of active cases is now 1,801.

Out of the new cases, nine patients were identified in Kigali, four in Nyamagabe, four in Rubavu and one in Bugesera district. So far 471,767 tests have been conducted since the first case was detected on March 14, 2020.

Coronavirus symptoms include coughing, flu, and difficulty in breathing. The virus is said to be transmitted through the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract.

Rwandans are required to continue complying with government regulations, especially with frequent washing of hands and water and soap, wearing masks when leaving home or in public.


Advertisement

YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS ARTICLE

RULES AND REGULATIONS
Kwamamaza