It is said that fire has caught a dormitory accommodating 227 girls in the wee hours of 22nd January 2021 destroying mattresses, clothes, bags among other properties worth over Rwf 1 million.
The vice mayor for social affairs in Rubavu district has told IGIHE that no one lost life.
“The dormitory accommodating girls caught fire around 4 am but no one lost life during the incident. Some items were also saved,” he said.
Ishimwe explained that Police rushed to extinguish the fire that students have resumed courses as usual.