With the expansion, clients can follow up on or pick up their licenses and permits at the One Stop Centre. All licenses and permits required for business setup or import and export operations will be issued at the RDB One Stop Centre.
Since its inception in 2008, the One Stop Centre has been processing licenses and permits for investors during the business setup phase. Currently, the expanded One Stop Centre offers over 23 licensing services.
According to Clare Akamanzi, CEO of RDB, the expansion is a significant milestone in improving the ease of doing business in Rwanda.
“The One Stop Centre will reduce the time spent moving between institutions for licensing and enhance the investor experience. RDB encourages investors to take advantage of the services provided at the centre,” says Akamanzi.
Licensing and permit services offered at the RDB One Stop Centre include:
● Africa Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Desk: Here, investors can get information on navigating the AfCFTA agreement and how to take advantage of the benefits it provides. They are also facilitated to apply and collect all licences and permits required for exporting products under the AfCFTA.
● Agriculture (Export) Licensing: At this desk, investors get information and are facilitated to apply for and collect licences and permits from the National Agricultural Exports Board (NAEB), including certificates of origin, certificates of quality, export operation licences, and other permits for opening industries.
● Aviation and Drone Permits: At this desk, investors get information and are facilitated to apply for and collect licences and permits to operate manned and unmanned aircrafts, such as UA registration, pilot certificates/licences, Unmanned Operator Certificates, activity permits, and de-registration certificates for unmanned aircrafts (drones).
● Building Permits: At this desk, investors get information on building regulations, housing projects, and the rules and guidelines to follow when building and renovating. They are also facilitated to apply and collect all necessary building permits, both in the City of Kigali and other districts.
● Capital Market Licensing: At this desk, investors get information and are facilitated to apply for and collect licences essential for the regulation of the financial industry and ensuring investor protection. These include, but not limited to licences for investment management, investment advisory service, set up investment funds, security exchange licence, commodity exchange trading licence, depositary licence, credit rating among others.
● Consumer Protection, Inspection and Registration Licensing: Here, investors get information and are facilitated to apply and collect import permits for items such as agricultural commodities, general purpose chemicals, and construction materials; and export permits and phytosanitary certificates for plants and animal products, as well as international veterinary health certificates.
● Customs Tax Exemption Services: At this desk, investors get information on Rwanda Revenue Authority’s customs services and facilitation to apply for and collect necessary licences, such as tax stamps, import and export permits and licences, among others.
● Domestic Taxes Services: Here, investors get information on Rwanda Revenue Authority’s domestic taxes services and facilitation to comply with all tax requirements and apply for tax exemptions.
● Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA): Here, investors receive information and facilitation to apply for and collect the EIA certificate. EIA is used to prevent and mitigate adverse impacts, enhance positive impacts and assist the rational use of natural resources to maximise the benefit of socio-economic development projects and ensure sustainable development.
● Financial Center Services: Here, investors can interact with Rwanda Finance Limited (RFL), which works to develop and promote the Kigali International Financial Centre (KIFC), with the aim of transforming Rwanda into an international financial destination for investors seeking opportunities across the African continent.
● Financial Services Licensing: Here, investors receive guidance and support on licensing and regulatory compliance, as well as information on the financial sector and legal and administrative requirements to operate in the sector.
● Food and Drugs Inspection, Registration and Licensing: At this desk, investors receive information and facilitation on how to apply for and collect licences and certification of various products and services related to the medical and food industries, premise licenses and registration certificates for all medical products, manufacturing licences and good manufacturing practice certificates, as well as import-export licences and approvals for advertisements related to medical products.
● Forestry Permits: At this desk, investors receive information and facilitation to apply and collect forest harvesting permits and forest exploration licences. These licences are critical for the forestry industry as they allow for the extraction and exportation of products, while ensuring sustainable harvesting.
● Immigration Business Permits: This desk offers information and facilitation to apply for and collect work permits and visas for registered investors, expatriates and their dependents.
● Incentives Management Services: At this desk, you will receive information on and facilitation to apply for incentives offered in Rwanda’s Investment Code, Manufacture and Building to Recover Program and other incentives offered to businesses.
● Investment Registration Services: This desk facilitates the registration of domestic, foreign, and joint venture investments in Rwanda and application and collection of the investment certificate. Visitors receive information on investment opportunities and Rwanda’s business environment. Together with Aftercare services, this desk guides investors on expansion plans, resolves investment-related issues, and addresses any concerns related to investment in Rwanda.
● Mining Licensing: At this desk, investors receive information on the mining sector laws and regulations and are facilitated to apply for and collect mining and quarry licences, and licences related to mineral exploration, trading, processing, and industrial quarry operations.
● Private Education Facility Licensing: This desk shares information on the accreditation process and requirements to set up a private institution for higher education, as well as facilitation to apply for and collect all required licences and authorizations.
● Private Health Facility Licensing: This desk shares information on the application and registration process to open and operate a private health facility, as well as facilitation to apply for and collect all required licences, permits and authorizations.
● Public Utilities Licensing: At this desk, investors get information on and facilitation to apply for and collect all licences, permits and authorizations issued by the Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority (RURA), which include those required for transport services, ICT services, electricity, gas & petroleum, postal services and e-commerce, water and sanitation, e-waste, and nuclear and radiation protection.
● Standards Services: Here, investors receive information on standardisation, as mandated by the Rwanda Standards Board, as well as facilitation to apply for and collect all necessary certification for their businesses. Support may also include site visits for quality assurance and guidance on international standards, to ensure Rwandan exports are compliant and ready for international markets.
● Water Use Permits: At this desk, investors receive information on and facilitation to apply for and collect water use licences, for individuals and organisations that require the use of water for their activities. Rwanda Water Board is responsible for managing and regulating the use of water resources in a sustainable manner and this desk is equipped to provide all necessary information to ensure compliance.
● Public Notary Services: This office provides notary services required for land registration and requirements by businesses that are in the process of applying for licences, permits, authorizations, certificates and other services.
The One Stop Centre is located on the ground floor of the RDB Head Office, KN 5 Rd, KG 9 Ave, Gishushu. It operates from 9 am – 5 pm from Monday to Friday.
YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Do not post comments that are defamatory, divisive and blasphemous.If you wish to receive a quick response to your opinion/comments, please provide your email address in the space provided. Your comments will appear after moderation from IGIHE.com.
In case the above regulations are not observed, your comments might not appear or will be deleted. Thank you!