1. The Cabinet approved the resolutions of the previous meeting held on August 1st 2023.
2. The Cabinet was briefed on the following:
- Preparation of Agricultural Season 2024A.
- Rwanda’s carbon emission trading framework under Article 6 of the Paris Agreement.
- Rwanda’s participation in the World Horticulture Exhibition in Doha, Qatar, which will last six months from October 2nd 2023 until March 28th 2024.
3. The Cabinet approved the following draft laws:
- Draft law amending Law N° 007/2019 of 13/04/2019 establishing Rwanda Civil Aviation Authority.
- Draft law approving the ratification of the loan facility agreement between the Republic of Rwanda and the Hungarian Export-Import Bank PLC (Eximbank Hungary PLC) relating to the loan for financing the upgrading of Karenge water treatment plant.
4. The Cabinet approved the following orders:
- Ministerial Order establishing district land use and development master plans for Gicumbi, Gisagara, Huye, Muhanga, and Nyagatare Districts.
- Ministerial Order relating to the classification of tangible cultural heritage, its use, and modalities for income generation.
- Ministerial Order determining technical regulations relating to metrology.
5. The Cabinet approved the agrément for the appointment of Mr. Andrew Onalenna Sesinyi as High Commissioner of the Republic of Botswana to the Republic of Rwanda, with residence in Nairobi, Kenya.
· The Minister of National Unity and Civic Engagement informed Cabinet of the following:
- Celebration of the International Day of Peace scheduled on September 21st 2023 at the Parliament Building. Participants will include youth, Members of Parliament, public authorities, and other stakeholders. Non-Residential National Service program (Urugerero rw’Inkomezabigwi) scheduled from September 25th 2023 until December 18th 2023. Students who have completed secondary school during the school year 2022-2023 will attend it at district level.
- The Minister of Finance and Economic Planning informed Cabinet of the celebration of the 60th anniversary of the partnership between the Government of Rwanda and the World Bank, scheduled for September 30th 2023 at Kigali Convention Center.
The Minister of Health informed Cabinet of the inauguration ceremony of IRCAD Africa, jointly organized by the Government of Rwanda, IRCAD France, and IRCAD Africa on October 7th 2023.
Kigali September 11th , 2023
Dr. Edouard Ngirente, Prime Minister