Karl Platt and Habimana Jean Eric won the fourth stage clocking 2 hours 36 minutes and 17 seconds.
Kenyan Suleiman Kangangi riding for Giant was the first to arrive at the finishing line in front of Palm Beach Hotel followed by Habimana Jean Eric who teamed up with German Karl Platt.
The last stage saw the duo leading the race on the general classification with 8 hours 22 minutes and 55 seconds. They were 38 minutes ahead of Daniel Gathof and Renay Groustra who took the second position.
Karl Platt, 43, was participating in Rwandan Epic for the first time. He revealed that it was an amazing experience to take part in the race noting that he enjoyed wonderful sojourn in Rwanda where he plans to return.
“It was an amazing tournament. I enjoyed wonderful moments throughout the race’s route along with Jean Eric. I will come back to Rwanda because I have got many friends,” he said.
In the category of women, Leone Verster and Catherine Colyn have won the last stage clocking 3 hours 54 minutes and 8 seconds while Umwamikazi Jazilla and Nirere Xaverine clocked 5 hours 34 minutes and 22 seconds.
On the general classification, Leone Verster and Catherine Colyn led the race with 12 hours 39 minutes and 29 seconds. They are five hours ahead of next rivals.
In the mixed category, Jennifer Wagouman and Daniel Klemmer registered 5 hours 37 minutes and 6 seconds. They led the race in the category with 17 hours 43 minutes and 53 seconds.
The last stage of the tournament attracted more 11 riders from different countries.
Jakob Schule was the first among racers who joined on the last day registering 2 hours 57 minutes and 55 seconds.
His rivals include Reno Ziondato, Evan Meyers, Pelden Dorji, Arthur Franzon, Alexander Lamberts, Didier, Habiyambere Olivier, Neza Violette, Paulo van der Ven and Arjan Sleurink.
The ceremony to handover prizes to winners was also graced by the mayor of Rubavu district, Ildephonse Kambogo.
Sponsors of Rwandan Epic 2022 include Amstel, Rwanda Convention Bureau (RCB), Winnaz, Radisson Blu Hotel & Kigali Convention Centre, Trans Link, Qoryx Energy, Peloton de Paris and SunRace among others.
The organizer of the just concluded international tournament, Rwanda Alternative Riding Events (RaR) is making preparations for another tournament dubbed “Race Around Rwanda” to be held on 19th March 2022 and “Gorilla Gravel” to be held between 9th and 12th June 2022.
Stage four classification of Rwandan Epic 2022:
1. Karl Platt & Habimana Jean Eric: 2h36’17”
2. Daniel Gathof & Renay Groustra: 2h48’38”
3. Suleiman Kangangi & Mael Desrieux: 2h55’45”
4. Mitch Elliot: 2h58’10”
5. Josh Ibbett & Ruberwa Jean: 2h59’05”
6. Kwizera Elie & Uwitonze Edouard: 3h06’38”
7. Marc Schut & Rhys Manners: 3h13’57”
8. Nduwayo Eric & Nkurunziza Yves: 3h15’44”
9. David Caroll & Niringiyimana Ramadhan: 3h41’40”
10. Ishimwe Jean Claude & Nshutiraguma Kevin: 4h18’56”
1. Leone Verster & Catherine Colyn: 3h54’08”
2. Umwamikazi Jazilla & Nirere Xaverine: 5h34’22”
1. Jennifer Wagouman & Daniel Klemmer: 5h37’06”
1. Karl Platt & Habimana Jean Eric: 8h22’55”
2. Daniel Gathof & Renay Groustra: 8h54’50”
3. Suleiman Kangangi & Mael Desrieux: 9h26’46”
4. Josh Ibbett & Ruberwa Jean: 9h57’58”
5. Kwizera Elie & Uwitonze Edouard: 10h53’18”
6. Marc Schut & Rhys Manners: 11h05’52”
7. David Caroll & Niringiyimana Ramadhan: 12h03’41”
8. Nduwayo Eric & Nkurunziza Yves: 12h08’31”
1. Leone Verster & Catherine Colyn: 12h39’29”
2. Umwamikazi Jazilla & Nirere Xaverine: 17h47’24”
1. Jennifer Wagouman & Daniel Klemmer: 17h43’53”
Click this link to view more pictures
YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Do not post comments that are defamatory, divisive and blasphemous.If you wish to receive a quick response to your opinion/comments, please provide your email address in the space provided. Your comments will appear after moderation from IGIHE.com.
In case the above regulations are not observed, your comments might not appear or will be deleted. Thank you!